Thursday 7 April 2011

Borough Market here we come!

Today I went to Borough Market in London. We had lunch at a fantastic Tapas Restaurant called 'Tapas Brindisa.' We had Fried Potatoes with brava sauce, Octopus "galician style", Crispy Pork belly with quince sauce and Pan fried picanton chicken with romesco sauce. It was DELICIOUS! RECOMMENDED!  Go to this website to find out more about this amazing restaurant:  Tapas Brindisa Restaurant Website.


Just down the street there is a chocolate shop called 'The Rabot Estate'. With a wide variety of different types of chocolate in all shapes and sizes, I had no idea what to buy. In the end I bought some gemstone chocolates and I also got Caramel Road Chocolate Square. They were a great success and the gemstones were heveanly. Go to this website to find out more about these beautiful chocolates. The Rabot Estate Chocolate Shop Website.


We then strolled around looking for yummy stuff. We found a selection of great salami's that we couldn't stop ourselves from buying. We then headed over to the FRUIT & VEG section where we found a MASSIVE Lemon which would've cost us 3 POUNDS!! So, we decided to buy the oddest name of fruit in the shop. Which happened to be a kumquat.

We had never tried one before. Guess what, you can eat the outside aswell! The outside is sweet and the inside is sour. STRANGE! So we ate them whole and they were pretty good, now thats a weird fruit on your shopping list!

So we went on, and found, the BOSTON SAUSAGES! They were delicious tasters so we bought a few of them. They also deliver to your home. Go to this website to find out more about these delicious sausages: Boston Sausages Website.

The Quest continued, as we went on to buy some Biltong and Darjeeling Tea from 'Tea2you' Go to  Tea2you Website for more.

That was it, my food day looking. I recommend a trip to Borough Market for anyone who is interested in food, or is a little bit hungry!

I'll be updating you on my cookery course at the restaurant: 'Le Manoir'. Until then GET COOKING!

5 comments:

  1. Haz cooked the sausages on the barby tonight. I must say they were the best sausages I have ever tasted. Perfectly cooked as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4/08/2011

    Hi Harrison,

    It is fabulous that you want to become a chef.
    I saw in your post that you enjoyed Tapas, so I think you may like the blog I am starting wich is about cooking Spanish food, including tapas.

    If you want to take a look you are welcome, and I will go on following your career as I am sure you will become a great Chef in the future as you have what it's more needed: passion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Harrison!

    I love borough market too - and particularly Rabot Estate chocolate. I really like their pistachio slabs.

    Looking forward to hearing about your time at Le Manoir. It's wonderful to see someone with such passion.

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Haz,

    Thanks for the tip on the sausages. They sound fantastic.

    Cheers,

    Phil

    ReplyDelete